Skip to main content

Happy Birthday to Me!

Over the course of the past month, I paid tribute to a great man that was born to make my favorite movie genre more fun- William Castle.  Well, today, I'm paying tribute to another great guy... me!

But, rather than tooting my own horn about how my friends from "Film Reviews From the Basement" use a rating system devised by myself years ago, when Jay and I did a small website called, "Critics @ Large"... or how I have a minimum of 250 horror movies in my collection (so far)... or how I actually have a figure of the "Cemetery Zombie" from George Romero's original "Night of the Living Dead"... or... no, rather than talking about those things, I'm going to do something simple and elegant.

I'm going to simply list a bunch of horror movies released in 1972- when I was born.  Now these aren't just North American movies, but movies from around the world.  I'll be underlining the movies that I have seen myself.  Let me know how many of them YOU have seen. Enjoy!

All the Colors of the Dark
Asylum

Baron Blood
Ben
Beware!  The Blob
Blacula
Blood Freak
Blood of Ghastly Horror
Blood Spattered Bride, The

Cannibal Man, The
Corpse Grinders, The
Count Dracula's Great Love
Creeping Flesh, The
Curse of the Moon Child

Daughter of Dracula, The
Daughters of Satan
Dead Are Alive, The
Death Line
Do Gaz Zameen Ke Neeche
Don't Torture a Duckling
Dracula AD 1972
Dracula Against Frankenstein
Dr Jekyll and the Wolfman
Dr. Phibes Rises Again
Demons of the Mind

Erotic Experiences of Frankenstein, The
Fiend, The
Flesh and Blood Show, The
Frogs
Fury of the Wolfman

Il paese del sesso selvaggio
Invasion of the Blood Farmers

Last House on the Left, The
Leptirica

Necromancy
Night of a 1000 Cats
Night of the Cobra Woman
Night of the Lepus
Nothing But the Night
Night of the Devils

Possession of Joel Delaney, The

Rats Are Coming!  The Werewolves Are Here!, The
Red Queen Kills Seven Times, The
Reincarnation of Isabel

Superbeast

Tales From the Crypt
Thing With Two Heads, The
Three on a Meathook
Tower of Evil
Tragic Ceremony

Vampire Circus
Vengeance of the Zombies

I think I might have a couple of those in my collection somewhere (ah, the joys of buying movie box sets), so I may have to dig them out and review them soon...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grave Questions: Jessica Cameron

February is " Women in Horror Month "- a month in which to celebrate the impact that women have had on the genre and the industry- from writing, to acting, to directing and producing. Jessica Cameron has experienced the industry in all those capacity- making her a perfect choice for me to ask some " Grave Questions " of in order to raise awareness of the great women in Horror. Please not that this article SHOULD'VE been posted in February, but due to technical difficulties, we're putting it up now.  Thank you. TCoT :   Which female horror stars helped to inspire you to not only enjoy the genre- but to get involved in bringing scary movies to the world? Jessica :  I literally said to my " Truth or Dare " producer, "If the Soska sisters can make " Dead Hooker in a Trunk " with nothing, then I can make " Truth or Dare ".  So needless to say that those girls have been a huge inspiration in everything I do behind the

Meridian: Kiss of the Beast (1990)

Sometimes, a director/producer will surprise you- such was the case during " Terrorpolooza 2012 " when I watched Charles Band's " Meridian: Kiss of the Beast " Catherine Bomarzini has come home after her father's death.  Needing company, she asks Gina to stay with her.  Soon, the two meet a wondering troupe of performers that Catherine invites to dinner at her castle. Catherine find herself pulled into a love triangle and an ancient curse that only she can break. After watching movies like " Evil Bong ", and " Demonic Toys ", I really wasn't expecting too much from this Charles Band movie- but I was pleasantly surprised by it. The story is actually quite interesting with lots of potential for eerie scenes, and character development.  It's a nice twist on the classic " Beauty and the Beast " story.  It's a bit slower than most of Band's other works, but moves smoothly and draws you with it. I have to ad

The Phantom of the Opera

  Not too long ago, I reviewed the silent horror classic, "Nosferatu: A Symphony of Horror", and wound up being in the mood to view a few other of the silent horror films in my collection.  The next one I watched was "The Phantom of the Opera", starring Lon Chaney, Sr, and released in 1925.   A mysterious stranger has been threatening the star singer of the Paris Opera House- someone who has signs his letters simply as, "The Phantom".  This stranger wants to clear the way so his protege, Christine Daae can ascend to stardom herself.  Soon, her love for the Comte de Chagny collides with The Phantom's desire for Christine forcing both to take drastic actions in order to be with the one they love. " The Phantom of the Opera " actually underwent three periods of re-shoots and editing, due to poor reception and test viewings.  In 1930, a sound version was created- often assumed to be what is called "The Eastman House Print".  It is