Today marks the beginning of a new year... in fact, it marks the beginning of the last year according to the Mayan Calendar. I'll have to remember to stock up on beer for it.
Anyways, as those of you that actually keep track of this blog probably noticed, I stopped posting just after Halloween. My life had just gone through a bit of a change around that time in that I had just gotten a job that had working alternating shifts that pretty much screwed up my sleep patterns. If I wasn't working, I was pretty much sleeping. I simply didn't have the time- or the energy to post my reviews here... nor was I able to do the Twitter commentary for my friends at "Film Reviews From the Basement" during their radio broadcasts. Hell, I haven't watched a horror movie since Halloween.
It really sucked.
Well, 2012 has been marked by another change in my life- I got laid off. On one hand, it bites since I no longer have a steady pay cheque, and some of the things I'd been planning have to be postponed now. On the other hand, however, I am once again able to start posting again- AND doing the Twitter commentary for my friends.
That really rocks.
So, to mark the new year, I just want to let you all know what you can expect from me over the course of the year:
- I'm going to post twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays;
- I intend to add more book reviews- and even some horror/supernatural themed game reviews as well;
- Once a month, I plan on posting a review of a horror/supernatural themed website... most likely from my Twitter Followers;
- I want to post more "editorial" style articles about issues within the horror genre; and
- I hope to get suggestions from my readers on films and books to watch/read and review.
So, here's to a scarey new year and lots of new reviews!